Stop spending money to promote a site that turns away potential customers.
Your website is a Sales Representative for your business; and Sales Representatives are paid to portray your business in the best light possible and attract new clients. Just like an actual Sales Representative, if you don’t develop and grow them, they will not be successful.
A website should be a robust online business systems producing qualified leads and increasing your sales. If you heavily promote your site and it is not produce results, there is obviously something wrong with your site. You shouldn’t spend another dollar promoting it and definitely, you should revised your web strategy and evaluate your marketing investment. Here are a few fundamentals to having a site that works for you, not against you:
- Your website should provide clear and concise information about your business and products/services. A site visitor should be able to tell what it is your business offers and, most importantly, why they should choose your company, not your competitor.
- The web layout and web navigation of your site should complement your clear and concise content. The site should be easy to use and navigate; a cluttered web layout or disorganized web navigation can be confusing and turn away potential customers.
- Design and visuals are another important factor in getting the most out of your site. Coupled with a clean web layout, easy web navigation, and concise information, a visually-pleasing site helps portray a professional image.
- Extras on your site, such as videos and interactive features, can improve the visitor experience. Usability enhancements can go a long way in piquing the interest of site visitors and keeping them engaged.
- Lastly, and most importantly, you must understand the needs (and wants) of your customers and potential customers, and your site must address those needs. This is a fundamental part of your site working for you – knowing what the customer wants, and being able to provide it for them.
So, if you’re spending marketing efforts and dollars driving traffic to a site that is not clean, clear and concise, and does not address the needs of your target audience, then the marketing investment in your website is wasted.
Let's chat about how you can hire an entire marketing department for less than you would pay for a marketing employee. Call us today at 401-709-4342. Learn more about our Web Design Services.