So you’ve outgrown your marketing outsource agency. They’re no longer meeting your needs. Or competitors are doing things better and faster. Or the ROI’s just not there.
Some think it’s better to test a new agency by giving them a project. Like dating before marriage. That’s true so long as you’re willing to invest the time and funding for them to understand your challenges, competitors, and customers and goals prior to planning and executing the project.
FIRST - Whether you’re considering an agency for a project, a campaign or as your new partner, first ask yourself “How great is their website, blogs, CTA’s, and content? Do they do for themselves what they say they’ll do for us?”
BEFORE YOUR INTRODUCTORY MEETING, provide them with some key questions you’d like to cover in the meeting:
- After reviewing our website and that of (your #1 competitor), what can you tell us about our relative strengths and weaknesses?
- How do your strengths compensate for our weaknesses?
- How do you and your top clients define “success.”
- Can you mention some of the data that backs up your client-success claims?
- Can you show us an example of the clear roadmap you and we will execute, month by month, to achieve agreed-upon goals?
- Who will be on the team that’s responsible for us? What are their roles and responsibilities?
- What do you think the perfect relationship is between client and agency? (Is it the same as yours?)
- What’s the length of your average client relationship?
- What are you doing in the world of Social Media? What examples of reviews and posts are you helping to generate? Is your client’s social media activity increasing?
AFTERWARD, think about “How well did they understand our company and its market during the first discussion?” How well did they do their homework? If they weren’t well prepared, how much will they care about you, going forward?
If you’d like to talk with Xzito about a project, campaign, as a prospective Marketing Agency or just to talk about winning the online marketing battle,schedule a conversation. And tell us what you’d like us to cover in future Xzito Growth Hacks. Don’t forget to share with us your findings by sharing it on our social channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter.